Recipe Corner: Shortbread Cookies

By Ann Weaver. 

 
Credits: Ann

On the first day of every season, my sister and I have always enjoyed preparing a tea party for the entire family to enjoy. As we have grown, the things we have made have become more and more complex, but one of the simplest recipes I love to make is this one. Crumbly, buttery, and the perfect sweetness, this is one dessert I love that isn’t chocolate- though sometimes I’ve drizzled melted chocolate over the top!

 

Servings: About 24 cookies.                            Cuisine: English.             

 

      Total time: 45 minutes.


Tags: Desserts,



Ingredients:

 

1 & ¼ cups of all-purpose flour

4 Tablespoons of sugar

½ a cup of cold salted butter

Water as needed

 

Directions:

 

Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut cold butter into small chunks, then add to bowl. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut in the butter until the dough is the consistency of fine crumbs. (I often use my hands for this, but that makes the butter melt, thus making the cookies a bit denser.) If it doesn’t seem to come together well, add a tablespoon of water, but bide your time! Every time, I think it won’t turn out, and then it does. To make this step faster, you can also make this in a food processor.

Place mixture on a clean counter and form into a ball. Roll into a sheet about ¼ inch thick and cut with a 2” cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Remove from pan and place on a pretty plate. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © Where Brook and River Meet. Designed by OddThemes