Hello! (Emilie)

 By Emilie Gruben

 Credits: Ann

 

 Have you guessed yet what our announcement is? Yes, we're taking on a new author! Emilie is a friend of Ann's and a wonderful author, and we look forward to having her write at Where Brook and River Meet permanently! Read all about her below!

Her articles will begin coming out next month, her first post coming out on April 8th. Don't forget to look out for it!

 

 

Hello to you all! My name is Emilie Gruben, and I feel a personal calling to using my words to further myself and others to a relationship in Christ. I am immensely fond of philosophical and theological literature like that of C.S. Lewis and Tolkien. I have grown up deep in God’s word and have always been surrounded by books of all kinds. Being exposed to such truth-filled, God-honoring writing, has led me to hope to be able to bring the truths that I have learned to help others and connect with them. 

Writing out my whole life is a bit difficult, especially in such a short time, so I shall be brisk about it. I am homeschooled and the third to youngest out of seven children. I live in Texas, where I am blessed to have lots of family nearby. A few perks of living close by are that I can often help my siblings with their own children and chores, as well as watch shows, discuss things, and bake with them, whenever I want! 

I am fond of drawing and dancing, in addition to reading and writing. I have been graciously blessed to have recently concluded my adventure of illustrating a collection of six published books, which you can find here, as well as take five years of classical ballet and a few other styles. 

I am grateful to have these past and present experiences to strengthen my faith and character. I am so excited to get to know you all better, one word at a time. I hope my writing can bring you encouragement, and by God’s grace, further each of us closer to Him! 

 

 

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © Where Brook and River Meet. Designed by OddThemes