Random Recommendations: June 2024


Credits: Ann.

Ann:


I have a confession: I greatly dislike editing. For the blog, for stories I write- editing is not at all something I enjoy. That’s why I was thrilled when I saw an author (I don’t remember who) recommend Hemingway Editor.

Not onl is this tool for bloggers or storytellers, but it would be great for anyone writing an essay or other school paper. It’s been great for me, especially for when I use run-on sentences in various papers. I have a bad habit of that, and Hemingway always helps me realize when certain places get too long or too difficult to understand.

Hemingway Editor has a free website, as well as an app you can buy for $19.99 for your desktop. The free version critiques your writing by pointing out passive voice, adverbs, and hard-to-read sentences, and the app will do it all with no internet connection required. The app also offers several other benefits, including being able to publish directly to any WordPress blog or for a web page.

I don’t have the app, but I can affirm that the website is great. Of course, I don’t personally use all their suggestions, but it’s really good for a basic glance-over to get your editing going. I definitely recommend it!

 

Grace:

 

The Rebelution is a blog for Christian teens who want to do hard things. It was founded by sixteen-year-old twin brothers Alex and Brett Harris in 2007 when they recognized a disheartening problem: No one believed teenagers could do anything really important. The Harris brothers strongly disagreed, and began The Rebelution blog to use as a place to share their thoughts and ideas. 

Hundreds of other teenagers related and agreed with their content, and it exploded. Now, the blog has thousands of followers and multiple new articles every month. Many of the articles are submitted by readers, and all of them encourage teenagers to rebel against low expectations and follow the Lord in whatever they do. 

It’s encouraging, Christ-led work and if you resonate with their mission to empower teenagers to do great things for Christ, I would highly recommend you check it out.

 

Emilie:

I walk into a beautiful production. I get into the concession line. There it is

I make my way through the crowds, parting the sea of people in the store. There it is, up ahead, shining like a beacon of light in the dark…

Warm. Soft. Salty. Sweet. Oh, and oh so fluffy. Pretzels! 

Pretzels are amazing. Not those little snack ones that you take on trips, get handed on airplanes, or stick into a lunchbox for a zoo day. No, I mean the big, twisted, soft ones that come steaming hot and offer warm after a long, cold activity. Those pretzels? Those are the best. 

Giving a recommendation can be easy and it can be hard. I wanted to start off with something light, fun, and interesting. So I’m here to say that you should eat pretzels, if you can. I recognize that not everyone can, for various reasons, and that’s okay! Don’t take my advice in that case. But if you can…go get a warm, soft pretzel right now. They’re delicious. 

 

 

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © Where Brook and River Meet. Designed by OddThemes