Doing It Anyway- The Key to Consistency: A Themed Guest Post by Bethany Snow

By Bethany Snow 

 
Credits: Ann
 

Today's article is by Bethany Snow, a friend of Grace's who kindly agreed to write for our blog. She is an aspiring author and has published two stories in the same anthology as Grace, titled Come Alive: An Anthology of Light. Thank you, Bethany, for writing for us!


 

Four years ago, I started Taekwondo. 

However, martial arts is not something you can get away with doing casually. You’re not going to get very far, and one of the keys to success that has brought me as far as it has is consistency. 

In the past four years, I have attended nearly every single class my Taekwondo school offered that was open to me, and only two things would stop me: family trips or sickness. I have overcome many challenges, and improved in many ways. But there’s one challenge I keep facing over and over again, one I haven’t been able to shake quite yet and it’s that I don’t always feel like going. 

This applies to other habits as well. You’re not always going to want to do it. You can make the plan, you can commit to the new habits, but the thing about building those habits is that you have to do them every single day. And it’s just the reality that some days, because of life circumstances, or because you’re busy and don’t feel like taking the extra time, you’re tempted to take a break and get back to it tomorrow. But that’s when temptation sneaks in. You will begin skipping it on other days too. And before you know it, it’s all fallen apart. 

There are many times I didn’t want to go to Taekwondo class. Sometimes I’m tired. Sometimes I don’t enjoy what we’re learning that week. But if I didn’t go, then I wouldn’t get better, and I would never reach black belt. 

So my advice to you is to do it anyway. 

It’s not easy to remain consistent. But if you stay focused on your goal and push through anyway, the time will come when you start wanting to do it again, and you will not have lost any of the awesome progress you’ve made. And if your habits and goals are the right habits and goals, God will help you push through and achieve them. 

“I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

 

 

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © Where Brook and River Meet. Designed by OddThemes