Poet's Path: "My Gift" by Christina Rosetti

 By Grace Sweeney

 

 
Credits: Ann's younger sister

 

This poem by Christina Rossetti is also one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time… have you ever heard it before?

I love the simplicity and gentleness of the words, but there’s also such strength and meaning behind them. If I may, I’ll ask you to ponder it for a few minutes and ask yourself if you’ve given Jesus your heart and how you can continue to give it to Him today, or if you haven’t, to maybe consider doing so. Because that’s more important than anything else in the world. <3

 

 

What can I give Him,

Poor as I am?

If I were a shepherd

I would bring a lamb,

If I were a Wise Man

I would do my part,-- 


Yet what I can I give Him?

I will give Him my heart.

 

 

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © Where Brook and River Meet. Designed by OddThemes