Jewels of Worth: Respect

 By Ann Weaver

 
Credits: Ann 

 

We are learning this month how we should respect every person. No matter their circumstances, we should respect them as a human being made in God’s image. Let’s look at some bible verses that display the ways to respect others.

 

“Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king.” (1 Peter 2:17) 

 

This shows us how important it is to honor and respect everyone. It also mentions that we are to honor the king, which in our case would be our lawful authorities. Though they may make mistakes, they have still been placed over us and thus deserve a distinct type of respect. 

 

“But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Live in peace with one another.” (1 Thessalonians 5:12-13)

 

Paul tells us that a person who works diligently is worthy of great respect. Also deserving of a special respect are people like parents or elders in our church that have authority over us, for this authority has been given to them by the Lord. 

 

“You shall rise up before the grayheaded and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the LORD.” (Leviticus 19:32) 

 

The elderly also deserve a particular respect. They have lived much longer than us, and have wisdom and deserve honor. Be sure to care for and respect them as God wishes you to do! 

 

‘“Cursed is he who dishonors his father or mother.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen’.” (Deuteronomy 27:16) 

 

We must not forget to honor our parents! As it says in this verse, respecting our parents is vital to the Lord. Long ago, some people were even stoned when they did not do so. Though we do not live in that time now, it’s no less important to show respect to these people who have been set above us. 

 

Hymn: 

 

As I could not find a hymn that went along with this month’s theme, I decided to choose one that shows the great honor and respect God deserves. Have you sung this one before? 

 

My Tribute: by Andraé Crouch.

 

(Verse) 

 

How can I say thanks
For the things You have done for me?
Things so undeserved
Yet You gave to prove Your love for me;
The voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude
All that I am and ever hope to be
I owe it all to Thee

(Chorus 1)

 

To God be the glory
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
For the things He has done

(Chorus 2) 

 

With His blood He has saved me
With His power He has raised me;
To God be the glory
For the things He has done

(Bridge) 
Just let me live my life
Let it pleasing, Lord to Thee
And if I gain any praise
Let it go to Calvary

 

[Chorus 2]
With His blood He has saved me
With His power He has raised me;
To God be the glory
For the things He has done. 

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © Where Brook and River Meet. Designed by OddThemes