Random Recommendations: July 2024

 

 
Credits: Ann.

Ann:

Have you ever had a moment where it felt the floor had dropped from under your feet?  When everything seemed to be going wrong, and you felt you had nowhere to turn?

Though it’s easy to grow angry in times like these and point our fingers at God, we have to realize that “…we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” (Romans 8:28) God is still faithful. He is still good. And though it may not seem like it during the time, His way is always best.

Hilary Scott’s song “Thy Will” expresses that. It speaks of submitting to God’s will unconditionally, even when things don’t make sense. My recommendation is that you listen to that song and remember, no matter what’s going on, God is faithful. He always knows best.

 

Grace:

I love discovering new music artists to listen to– especially ones with clean, beautiful, uplifting songs. A number of months ago, I stumbled across Hannah Kerr’s music– and since that day, I’ve listened to her songs on a regular basis. Her music is so Christ-filled and a lot of it is taken from Scripture. My favorite album of hers is called Overflow, which has encouraged me through a lot. If you have some spare time this week, I would highly recommend you check out her music! <3

 

Emilie:

This week, my recommendation comes in a more serious tone. Not tea or pretzels but something that actually does make a last impact. And that is a habit I’m trying to adopt for myself. Instead of reading my Bible in the morning to start my day, or in the evening to end it, I’ve been reading for both occasions. For some of you, you might already do this, and if so, good! But I have always had difficulty getting “the time” to read. Which isn’t good. So, this way helps me end and start my day in God’s Word withought excuse. It has changed a lot of things already. I hope you try it out! 

 

 

 

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © Where Brook and River Meet. Designed by OddThemes