Ask Us: If you were able to travel to the past, where would you go?

 

 
Photo credits: Ann.

Question: If you were able to travel to the past, where would you go?

 

Ann: There are so many places I’d want to go! Jane Austen’s England for one, or the Victorian Era. Most of all, though, I’d say 1950’s America. It seems like such a charming time! The clothing was so cute, and everything was just modern enough for conveniences, but women were still feminine and men still manly. My, that sounds like so much fun. J

 

Grace:

Hmm... I might choose the Renaissance Era or 1800s. I love the clothing in both of those time periods. I might also choose sometime the first fifty years of the 1900s--just as technology was advancing but while clothing was still nice (in my opinion XD).

 

Emilie:

I think that this is an insanely hard question, for myself. But I think I would like to travel to Victorian England to observe the fashion and machinery, as well as the politics, from afar. But I would also be completely changed if I were to go to the 1920’s during the Great Depression. Watching how families and individuals adapted during such difficult times as that would be incredibly fascinating and inspiring to me, even more so than simply reading about it. While I would never want to experience the latter, I truly am in awe of the resourcefulness and power of those who went through that time. I think it would be an amazing thing to witness. 

 

 


Post a Comment

My Instagram

Copyright © Where Brook and River Meet. Designed by OddThemes